We’ve had some pretty light topics lately, so now it’s time for something more serious. Our topics this coming week are very closely related:
Saturday (March 7th) we will talk about crime.
On Monday (March 9th), we’ll talk about social problems! What do you think are important issues in society nowadays? Let’s discuss it.
Here are some new questions you might hear (new lexis is in italics):
1. Is anyone capable of turning to crime?
2. Do you think the punishment always fits the crime?
3. Have you ever witnessed a crime?
Click here to see the older questions and the lexical set!
Here are some questions which may come up during the discussion:
1. Are there homeless shelters in Japan?
2. Have you ever done volunteer or charity work?
1. Do you think people should be allowed to smoke in public?
2. What are some reasons people use illegal substances like drugs?
1. Why do people discriminate?
2. How can we help lower the rate of suicide?
Additional Useful Lexis:
Commit (suicide; a crime)
Be allowed to V
Give priority (to N)
On a personal level
This is a big one, so I hope you plan ahead! I look forward to hearing your responses to these important questions.