Here is our next discussion topic for Saturday (December 13th). The topic is beauty and appearance. We’ll talk about what beauty is, how important appearance is and we people are so concerned with the two.
As usual, please prepare at least two questions. 🙂
If you are a student of mine, I hope to see you at one of the discussion groups. If anybody (student or not) has any questions about this blog, please let me know: Post a comment here, find me on twitter, or email me through my website. Thanks!
Here is a list of the lexis and possible questions which we may use during the lesson:
Beauty and Appearance Lexical Set
How ADJ is N?
It’s better to V (than to V)
The same way
1. Do you have any beauty tips?
2. What are some words we use to describe physically attractive people?
1. How does beauty affect one’s success in life?
2. How important is it to be beautiful?
1. What does the proverb “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” mean?
2. What makes one person more attractive than another?
That’s it! Hope to see you then!
(kind of limited, so only one of each this time!)
Beginner: How old were you when you retired?
Intermediate: How have you been spending your retirement?
Advanced: Do you miss your career at all? If so, what do you miss about it? If not, why not?
There you go! Hope to see you all on Monday. Remember, we only have two more Monday group discussions this year!