First, an announcement: We no longer have a Tuesday evening class, but we now have a Saturday afternoon one at 3pm, every week (except national holidays)!
This week (September 6th) the topic will be children. The following week (September 8th and 13th) the topic will be homes!
We will start the discussion with one or two beginner questions, and then one or two intermediate questions, and with the rest of the time we will ask the advanced questions!
If you are a student of mine, I hope to see you at one of the discussion groups. If anybody (student or not) has any questions about this blog, please let me know: Post a comment here, find me on twitter, or email me through my website. Thanks!
During the next group discussion class, we will be talking about homes. Here is a list of the lexis and possible questions which we may use during the lesson:
Verbs and Verb Phrases
- Is your home in a convenient location? What is near your home?
- Do you keep pets in your home?
- Do you like the place where you are living? Why or why not?
- How many rooms are there in your house? What is your favorite room in your house? Why? Which room do you spend the most time in?
- Who do you live with?
- How long have you lived where you are living now?
- How many different homes have you lived in? Which one did you like the best? Which one did you like the least? Why?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small home? How about living in a big one?
- Have you changed anything in your house recently? If so, what did you change?
- What are the most important things you look for when choosing a house to live in?
- Who are your neighbors? How well do you know them?
- What do you think houses in the future will be like?
- What makes ‘a house’ into ‘a home’?
- If you could change anything about your present home, what would it be?
- Where would your dream home be? What would it be like?
That’s it! Please prepare and ask me questions if you need help! You can email me too! Hope to see you next time.