Hey everybody! Sorry it’s so late!
Remember, if you come on Monday, please be prepared to answer the intermediate-advanced questions! If you come on Tuesday, please be prepared to answer the beginner-intermediate questions.
Also, a reminder: There will be no class during Obon holidays (August 11th and 12th). The next group discussion class will be August 18th and August 19th.
Also, it looks like there is still some interest in a Saturday class. It will, most likely, be in the afternoon. If you are available on Saturday and would like to join, please let me know!
If you are a student of mine, I hope to see you at one of the discussion groups. If anybody (student or not) has any questions about this blog, please let me know: Post a comment here, find me on twitter, or email me through my website. Thanks!
During the next group discussion class, we will be talking about health (food, exercise, etc.). Here is a list of the lexis and possible questions which we may use during the lesson:
Alternative health therapy
A ripe old age
Be held responsible
What is N like
When was the last time
- Are you healthy?
- Do you exercise?
- Do you always eat healthy food?
- Do you often eat junk food?
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Do you brush your teeth regularly?
- Do you have a lot of stress?
- Do you get sick more than once a year?
- What kind of medicine do you prefer to take when you are sick?
- Do you think you will live until a ripe old age?
- Do you smoke?
- Is the health service in your country good?
- Do you think that you need to lose weight?
- How often do you exercise?
- How often do you eat junk food?
- When was the last time you went to a doctor?
- How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
- When was the last time you went to a dentist?
- Do you ever read magazines about health?
- How can you reduce stress in your life?
- How often do you get sick?
- Have you ever tried any alternative health therapies?
- Why do you think you will (or won’t) live to a ripe old age?
- What is the best way to stop smoking?
- Should smoking in restaurants be banned?
- What is the health service like in your country?
- How have you been feeling lately?
- What kind of exercise do you do?
- How do you stay healthy?
- What do you do if you can’t sleep?
- What (health) subject(s) do you find the most interesting?
- What are some things that cause stress?
- When was the last time you were sick?
- In what circumstances should traditional or alternative medicine be used?
- What do you think about getting old?
- Why do people smoke?
- Do you think that the tobacco companies should be held responsible for a person’s addiction to nicotine?
- How can the health service in your country be improved?
There are a lot of questions this time, so good luck! See you in a couple weeks! Have a great Obon holiday!