Hey everyone! Here are the lexis and questions for our discussion groups. If you are a student of mine, I hope to see you at one of the discussion groups. If anybody (student or not) has any questions about this blog, please let me know: Post a comment here, find me on twitter, or email me through my website. Thanks!
Last week we talked about celebrities and fame. It was interesting to hear everyone’s feelings on celebrities and being famous. I apologize the notes are not up yet, they will be up by Friday night, I promise!
In any case, this coming week we will be talking about hobbies; not only your hobbies, but hobbies in general. Here is a list of the lexis and possible questions which we may use during the lesson:
- What is a hobby?
- Which hobbies are popular in Japan?
- Do you have any hobbies? What are your hobbies?
- How long have you had or been doing your hobbies?
- How often do you do your hobbies?
- How much time do you spend on your hobbies?
- Why did you start your hobbies?
- Do any of your hobbies interfere with your work/study/personal life?
- Are there any hobbies you would like to try?
- Are there any hobbies you can do in other countries, but not your own?
That’s it! Also, we are going to try a different format: we will all take turns asking questions to each other, so try to make two or three of your own questions about hobbies, too!
Hope to see you at the next group discussion! Don’t forget, if you have any questions or comments regarding the lexis or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me! Take care!