Hey everyone! Here are the lexis and questions for our discussion groups! The questions are limited this week, so this time it will be the same lexis and questions for all groups! If you are a student of mine, I hope to see you at one of the discussion groups! If anybody (student or not) has any questions about this blog, please let me know! Thanks!
This week we had kind of an interesting discussion group: we shared experiences with each other. Not only the teacher but also the students asked each other questions, using a set pattern: “Have you ever…?” The students were given a set of example questions to look at and we went from there! Many of the students came up with their own unique and original questions, and we all had a good time talking about our lives.
This coming week we will be talking about celebrities! Here is a list of the lexis and possible questions which we may use during the lesson:
Be a high demand for N
Have the/a right to V
Pros and cons
- Have you ever seen a celebrity in person? What did you do?
- Which celebrity do you most admire and why?
- Which celebrity would you like to meet? What would you do if you could spend a day with this person?
- Do you know someone famous?
- Do you think that some celebrities earn more money than they deserve?
- Did you have any heroes when you were a teenager? Why do you think adolescents have heroes? Should celebrities be role models?
- Do you think famous people have the right to have a private life?
- Would you like to be famous? Why or why not?
- What do you think of fans and fan-clubs?
- What are the pros and cons of being a celebrity?
- Why do you think there is such a high demand for gossip magazines and gossip TV programs?
- What do you think of celebrities championing a cause?
Hope to see you at the next group discussion! If you have any questions or comments regarding the lexis or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me! Take care!